STARZPLAY IN FIRST SERIES OF LIMITED EVENTS BASED ON STEPHEN KING’S BEST SELLING POST-APOCALYPTIC NOVEL “THE STAND” IN EUROPE AND LATIN AMERICA JANUARY 3, 2021
Starzplay, Starz’s international premium streaming service, today announced that it has acquired the limited-edition adaptation of “Stephen King’s”The stallÂ»For international distribution through its global footprint and will present the series on Sunday in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latin America, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain , in Switzerland and the United Kingdom, January 3, 2021.
“The stallIs Stephen King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by the plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of humanity rests on the frail shoulders of Mother Abagail (Whoopi Goldberg), 108, and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied by a man with a deadly smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg (Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd), the Black Man. “The Stand” will end with a new coda written by the famous author himself for this ongoing adaptation.
In addition to Whoopi Goldberg and Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd, the series also includes James Marsden (“Mrs. America”, “Dead to Me”), Odessa Young, Jovan Adep, Amber Heard (Aquaman), Owen Teague, Henry Zaga (The New Mutants ), Brad William Henke (âManhuntâ, âOrange is the New Blackâ), Irene Bedard, Nat Wolff (Death Note, Paper Towns), Eion Bailey, Heather Graham, Katherine McNamara (âArrowâ, Maze Runner: The Death Cure), Fiona Dourif, Natalie Martinez (Death Race), Hamish Linklater, Daniel Sunjata (The Dark Knight Rises) and Greg Kinnear.
The series is produced by CBS Studios and is distributed internationally by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group. Benjamin Cavell is showrunner and executive producer alongside Taylor Elmore, Will Weiske, Jimmy Miller, Roy Lee and Richard P. Rubinstein. Josh Boone is the director and executive producer for the first and last episode of the series. Jake Braver, Jill Killington, Owen King, Knate Lee and Stephen Welke are the producers.
Starzplay subscribers have access to an exclusive range of premium programs, including STARZ Original limited series “The spanish princess“And the explosive second chapter of”Power“Universe”Power Book II: GhostWith Mary J. Blige on the same day they launched in the United States; EmmyÂ®-nominated 2020 series such as the uplifting millennial comedy “Ramy” by American Muslim comedian Ramy Youssef and period drama “The Great” with Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “”The actWith Patricia Arquette and Joey King, winner of an Academy AwardÂ®; plus a blockbuster movie library with thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM:
- The STARZPLAY app for iOS and Android is available for download on iPhone and iPad, as well as a wide range of devices supported by Android. Up to four users can simultaneously watch and enjoy offline downloads of selected shows and movies. Users of the app can enjoy personalized show and movie recommendations based on users’ past viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or subtitles.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIMARY VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and game consoles and via the the Web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV app can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control then clicking on On Demand followed by Boxes.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKUÂ® AND ROKU TV â¢ STREAMING PLAYERS models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV application preinstalled on Smart TVs and its branded remote control from major TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its continued expansion of the international premium streaming platform Starzplay. Starzplay’s rapid expansion to 50 countries since its launch in May 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers with access to âthe best of global SVODâ. The content offering includes the entire STARZ premium content catalog, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on Starzplay Day & Date with the United States, award-winning and critically acclaimed exclusive series and an extensive library of feature films to success. . Starzplay is available through the Starzplay app direct to consumers in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain and UK; on global digital broadcasting services, multichannel video distributors, telecommunications companies and other online and digital platforms, including in Europe, Japan and Latin America on Apple TV; in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK on Amazon Prime Video channels; in Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the UK on Rakuten; in Brazil, Mexico and the United Kingdom via Roku TV and streaming devices and on the following local platforms: in Brazil on Claro, in France on Orange, in Mexico on izzi and Totalplay; in Spain on Orange, Vodafone and MasMovil; in Switzerland on blue + and UPC TV, in the United Kingdom on Virgin Media; and like Starz in Canada in alliance with Bell Media.