- Miles Teller will play “The Godfather” producer Al Ruddy in the Paramount Plus series “The Offer”.
- Hammer had previously been cast for the lead role, but quit amid accusations of sexual misconduct.
- The 10-episode limited series provides a behind-the-scenes look at Ruddy’s making “The Godfather”.
Miles Teller has been cast for the lead role in Paramount Plus series “The Offer,” replacing Armie Hammer after the actor withdrew from the project amid sexual assault charges, multiple media reported on Friday.
The 10-episode limited series is based on the making of “The Godfather”, the Oscar-winning 1972 mob movie directed by Francis Ford Coppola and adapted from the 1969 novel of the same name by Mario Puzo.
The “Whiplash” actor will play the film’s producer, Al Ruddy. Teller will also be executive producer of the limited series, Variety reports.
A release date for âThe Offerâ has not been announced, but production on the show is expected to begin in the coming months.
Outside of the Paramount Plus project, Teller has been asked to appear in upcoming films including “Top Gun: Maverick” and “Escape From Spiderhead”.
Hammer was previously slated to portray Ruddy in the series, written and produced by Nikki Toscano.
However, the “Rebecca” actor left the project in January after unverified screenshots of posts claiming to be from the actor went viral online.
Most of the alleged screenshots referred to fantasies involving domination and cannibalism, among other claims.
Representatives for Hammer did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
Before quitting “The Offer,” Hammer quit “Shotgun Wedding,” a Lionsgate action comedy starring Jennifer Lopez.
In a statement to People, he denied the allegations made in the screenshots that individuals were claiming to be his and said he had decided to leave “Shotgun Wedding” to be with his family.
“I am not responding to these bull allegations, but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now let my children for 4 months shoot a movie in the Dominican Republic,” he said. -he declares. noted.
Hammer has since been ditched by WME and his personal publicist, according to Variety. He also left the Cold War drama âBillion Dollar Spyâ, the last film on the actor’s list, as well as the Broadway play âThe Minutesâ.
In March, Effie, the 24-year-old woman behind the social media account that posted the alleged screenshots earlier in the year, accused Hammer of rape and physical abuse.
The Los Angeles Police Department opened an investigation into a sexual assault allegation against Hammer soon after, Insider confirmed.
Hammer’s attorney, Andrew Brettler, denied the allegations in a statement provided to Insider, calling them “outrageous.”